From time to time, employers will inevitably have staff who are dissatisfied and raise concerns. This may be about working arrangements or about relationships with colleagues. Often issues can be dealt with informally but where a more serious issue arises a grievance procedure is usually followed. For more information on grievances, click here.
Ashtons training courses on grievances are designed to support line managers in dealing with this type of issue.
Training Course Outline
- underlying principles
- ACAS Guide on disciplinary and grievance procedures
- preparing a grievance procedure / advising on application of employer’s procedure
- identifying a grievance
- resolving issues informally and deciding when formal action is needed
- holding a grievance meeting and providing outcome
- investigations and Confidentiality
- handling a grievance appeal and providing outcome
- collective grievances
- overlapping procedures e.g. disciplinary/performance management and grievance.
This training is designed for employers seeking to understand how to effectively run a grievance. The training covers the need-to-know basics as well as providing useful information and tips on tricky areas and pitfalls, in order to strengthen the understanding of those who will be handling grievances. The training is interactive, involving case studies and group discussions.
For those employers looking to train staff with people management responsibilities the grievance training is useful to run alongside: disciplinary, investigations, performance management, sickness/absence management and staff appraisal training sessions.
To book a training session, contact us here.
Ashtons HR Consultancy provides trained HR professionals should you require an external professional to chair meetings or carry out investigations. To find out more, please contact Ashtons on 0333 222 0989, complete our online enquiry form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.