Handling disciplinary issues - management training
Having to handle a disciplinary issue can often seem daunting because of the legal framework round it. The process involves a number of steps including carrying out an investigation and reviewing evidence. The final decision needs to be fair in all the circumstances but there is also a need to follow a fair process throughout, in line with the ACAS Guide on discipline and grievance. Whether you are a new start-up or an established business, you need to be aware of the risks and pitfalls associated with handling a fair disciplinary process.
At Ashtons HR Consulting, we offer the following management training in relation to handling disciplinary issues:
- informal vs formal processes
- how to conduct an investigation
- how to weigh evidence and deal with witnesses
- the legal steps that are an essential part of handling a disciplinary issue.
- whether or not to suspend someone
- dealing with potential gross misconduct
- avoiding wrongful, unfair and constructive dismissal claims
- soft skills including questioning and listening techniques.
To discuss what training we can provide for you in handling disciplinary issues, please contact Ashtons on 0333 222 0989, complete our online enquiry form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.