What is psychometric assessment?
Psychometric assessment refers to the process of measuring an individual’s knowledge, abilities, attitudes and potential using tests and questionnaires based on psychological theories.
Typical tools include:
- ability Tests designed to measure an individual’s job-related aptitudes such as numerical or verbal reasoning ability
- personality questionnaires designed to give organisations an understanding of how aspects of an individual’s behavioural style will affect his or her performance at work.
Potential applications of psychometric assessment in the workplace:
- recruitment and selection
- team leader / management development programmes
Using psychometric assessment can help ensure a new hire is the right fit for the role and the employer’s culture. They can also help develop an individual’s self-awareness when considering career development.
At Ashtons HR Consulting, we offer a range of psychometric assessment tools including the following:
- CEB OPQ32i
- CEB Verify Ability tests covering Numerical Reasoning, Verbal reasoning, Inductive Reasoning
- CEB Verify G+ test: a mix of Numerical, Deductive and Inductive Reasoning
- Myers Briggs.
All assessments can be administered online, so no need for time-consuming room bookings and supervision. An individual’s results will then be reviewed against industry or job role norms to put them in context.
Ethical use of psychometric assessment
Our psychometric assessment team are qualified with the British Psychological Society and work in accordance with the BPS best practice guidelines on assessment.
"I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your time today. Not only did I find the assessment results informative and very helpful but, more interestingly, I found it astonishing how you connected and understood me as we were working through the results. It was a really refreshing and pleasant experience which I look forward to building on in the coming months. I would seriously recommend this to all managerial professionals across any organisation." - Ashtons HR Consulting client