Managing sickness absence
The time and money lost through periods of sickness/absence are the biggest non-recoverable cost for any business. According to the Office of National Statistics, in 2016, an estimated 137.3 million working days were lost due to periods of sickness/absence in the UK, the equivalent of 4.3 days lost per worker. An employer with a focused approach to absence management will able to control the costs associated with absence/sickness and be able to proactively identify employee health issues before they become more serious.
At Ashtons HR Consulting, we offer the following services in relation to sickness/absence management:
- reviewing a company’s absence policies and procedures to ensure an employer’s absence/sickness documentation is legally sound
- managing and chairing formal capability meetings
- writing absence/sickness policies and procedures
- advising management on handling cases of long term sickness
- assisting with early stage informal absence management
- training for managers on absence/sickness management, including dealing with issues of mental ill health and disability.
To discuss how we can support you with managing periods of sickness and absence, please contact Ashtons on 0333 222 0989, complete our online enquiry form or email email@example.com.