Why manage performance?
Managing the performance of employees involves making sure that your employees’ performance meets the expectations of your business and contributes to its goals. It is a continuous process and the aim is to continually improve the performance of individuals and ultimately the business. A high performing workforce can help an organisation proper in a competitive environment.
Performance management refers to both the informal, day-to-day management of individuals and teams by their immediate line manager and also the formal framework within which the performance of individuals and teams is assessed and improved.
A good performance management process will help everyone in an organisation to:
- know what your business is trying to achieve
- know the skills and competencies needed for the role
- know what is expected of an employee
- identify performance problems and allow you to deal with them
- know how an individual contributes to an organisation achieving its goals.
An effective performance management process can also form a vital part of the organisation’s Talent Management and Succession Planning processes.
At Ashtons HR Consulting, we can support you as follows:
- assisting you to design a performance management process tailored to the specific needs of your business
- training managers in dealing with both high performing and underperforming employees, along with all other employees
- reviewing existing Performance Management policies and procedures to ensure they comply with best practice and legal requirements.
If you would like any help, support and guidance on Performance Management, please contact Ashtons on 0333 222 0989, complete our online enquiry form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.