What is Employee Engagement?
Employee engagement is a workplace approach resulting in the right conditions for all members of an organisation to achieve their best each day, committed to the organisation's goals and values, motivated to contribute to the organisations success and with an enhanced sense of their own well-being.
In order to maintain a positive relationship between employee and employer through engagement, it is important all communications between the business and its employees are handled with the understanding of varying styles and formats.
Research shows that employee engagement is good for business and actually makes a positive impact on the bottom line. The areas a business should be looking at to increase levels of engagement are:
- empowering your employees, give them a voice
- developing your staff
- developing the cultural behaviours, “how we do things round here”
- understanding the purpose of being at work
- creating transparency at all levels of the business
- listening to your business and acting on what you hear.
Having positive employee engagement forms a vital role in employees feeling involved, committed and part of the wider organisation. We can support you in developing initiatives to encourage a positive workforce such as:
- developing appropriate communication styles
- advising and assisting you on any employee relations issues you have
- reviewing any current employee engagement initiatives you have in place to ensure they are effective and meet the needs of the business.
If you would like any help, support and guidance on employee engagement initiatives, please contact Ashtons on 0333 222 0989, complete our online enquiry form or email email@example.com.