Any business employing people may need to face dismissing someone at some point. This could be for a number of reasons, including the employee’s misconduct, poor performance, sickness absence, redundancy, or a simple breakdown in the relationship between the parties. You may also have workers who are not employees, but whose contracts need to be brought to an end for a variety of reasons.
Although it is important to follow a fair process, which will vary depending on the facts of each individual case, and to be mindful of any specific factors, it is normally possible to dismiss employees or remove workers from their posts fairly and properly once some consideration is given to the facts.
Critically, of course, in order to protect the business, you will want to ensure that you are compliant with the terms of your employee’s contract of employment (or worker’s contract) and that you limit the risk of unfair dismissal or other claims where there are relevant risks.
We can assist you by:
- training your line managers on how to handle a disciplinary / performance management process, with practical examples
- training your line managers on how to deal with sickness absence examples
- ensuring your handbook and policies are up to date and suitable for your business
- advising you or your line managers on how to conduct the process fairly
- assisting you in the preparation of performance management documents
- supplying HR consultants to run investigations, disciplinary hearings and appeal hearings
- preparing Settlement Agreements and advising you accordingly
- advising staff members on the content of Settlement Agreements should you be performing a bulk exercise.
See further information on Settlement Agreements here.
To discuss your requirements, please contact Ashtons on 0333 222 0989, complete our online enquiry form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.