Disciplinary policies and procedures
Disciplinary issues can be very stressful to handle, given the formal nature of the process. ACAS have laid down a Code of Conduct for employers for handling grievance and disciplinary procedures and, while these are not legally binding, any subsequent tribunal damages can be uplifted by 25% for any failure to follow the key steps; these include inviting an employee to a formal hearing, allowing them the right to be accompanied and allowing an appeal against the outcome decision.
At Ashtons HR Consulting, we offer the following services in relation to disciplinary issues:
- advice on handling a specific disciplinary issue. Advice is available from our qualified employment lawyers or experienced HR Consultants
- provision of a template Disciplinary Policy & Procedure
- provision of template letters at each stage of a disciplinary process
- independent investigation of disciplinary issues: we can interview witnesses, examine evidence and provide a written investigation report, ensuring objectivity
- chairing and / or note taking at formal disciplinary hearings
- management training on how to handle disciplinary issues.
To discuss how we can support you with any disciplinary issues, please contact Ashtons on 0333 222 0989, complete our online enquiry form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.